A METHODOLOGY FOR EVALUATING THE ECONOMIC IMPACTS OF APPLYING RAILROAD SAFETY STANDARDS. VOLUME II
This manual is intended as a working document for Federal Railroad Administration personnel, and provides step-by-step procedures which are intended for use in determining the economic impact of proposed railroad safety standards. It is a companion piece to Volume I, the Final Report. The procedural framework described is broad enough to encompass safety standards in equipment, track, and human factors standards. At the same time, the details and examples are fairly specific in order to present insight into the techniques and problems which might be encountered. In developing this manual, high priority was placed on presenting workable procedures that can be used immediately for economic impact evaluation. Special attention is given to accidents and accident prediction, discounting, quantification problems and the role of sensitivity analysis. A completely worked example is presented in the appendix. Portions of this document are not fully legible.
- See also Volume 1, PB-244 266.
CONSAD Research Corporation121 North Highland Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA USA 15206
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Lloyd, F H
- Crisafulli, R J
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 169 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Bearings; Benefit cost analysis; Cost effectiveness; Costs; Economic analysis; Economic impacts; Equipment maintenance; Human factors; Human factors engineering; Inspection; Maintenance; Maintenance practices; Manuals; Prevention; Railroad cars; Railroad tracks; Railroad transportation; Regulations; Safety; Safety engineering; Standards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Safety standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Government regulations; Track standards
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Law; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00092317
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., FRA/RP-41-Vol-2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-20047
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM