A VALUE CAPTURE POLICY. VOLUME II. LEGAL ELEMENT
A case study in Houston, is examined from both a public and private viewpoint across three issue areas. These are: legal, community enhancement, and financial. This report is one of a set of 4. The four volumes consist of an introduction, (Volume 1) a legal element, (Volume 2) a community enhancement element, (Volume 3) and a financial element, (Volume 4). Contained in these four volumes is a description of the concept, evaluation of legal issues and precedents related to supplemental condemnation, monetary transfers, intergovernmental cooperation and air rights/sub-surface development; community design issues and examples related to mobility, social relationships, services impacts and provisions, employment opportunities and environmental impacts; and finance concerns as to forms and attributes of both capitalization and income realization as well as public - private ventures in Value Capture Policy. In the case study example, 20% to 40% of the transit system's capital costs, including interest on borrowed capital, can be defrayed through Value Capture Policy.
- Paper copy also available in set of 4 reports as PB-244 100-SET, PC$17.00.
Rice Center for Community Design and ResearchHouston, TX United States 77001
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Sharpe, C P
- Callies, D L
- Montgomery, S N
- Publication Date: 1974-11-1
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Case studies; City planning; Communities; Cost engineering; Costs; Development; Environmental impacts; Finance; Financing; Land use; Legal factors; Level of service; Mobility; Policy; Present value; Rapid transit; Real estate development; Regional planning; Revenues; Social impacts; Transportation planning; Urban development; Urban transit; Urban transportation; Value capture
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Financial planning; Financial sources; Services; Value
- Geographic Terms: Houston (Texas)
- Old TRIS Terms: Community consequences
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Finance; Highways; Law; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00092300
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech. Rpt., DOT/TST-75/83
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-40007
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1981 12:00AM