CAPITAL STOCK MEASURES FOR TRANSPORTATION. VOLUME IV. ECONOMIC OR MARKET VALUES
Investment and stocks of plant and equipment are measured for detailed transportation modes. Concepts of depreciation and costs of capital services are discussed. The effect of the interest rate and maintenance and repair costs on depreciation are illustrated. Economic depreciation is calculated and a method for revaluation of stocks is presented. Estimated market values of plant and equipment are given. This volume extends the perpetual inventory measures of transportation stocks presented in Vols. I and II.
- See also report dated Aug 73, PB-225 004.
Faucett (Jack) Associates5454 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1150
Chevy Chase, MD United States 20015
Department of TransportationOffice of Transportation Planning Analysis, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Faucett, J G
- Terrovitis, T
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Pagination: 111 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Assets; Calculation; Capital investments; Costs; Depreciation; Economic analysis; Economics; Industry structure; Inventory control; Investments; Maintenance; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Market value; Methodology; Prices; Stocks; Transportation; Valuation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computation; Cost analysis; Maintenance costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Fixed investment; Price movements
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Maintenance and Preservation; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00092286
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: JACKFAU-71-04-4
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-20113
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM