NS SAVANNAH FUEL DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM STRESS ANALYSIS OF THE FUEL RODS USED IN THE NS SAVANNAH CORE 2
In GEAP 3339, investigation is made of the bending, thermal, and pressure stresses in the N.S. Savannah Core 2 stainless steel fuel cladding operating at maximum overpower conditions. The pressures and thermal gradients utilized to compute stresses in the clad have been up-dated. Utilizing the up-dated values of thermal gradients and pressures, this report presents new clad stresses based on formulation presented in GEAP 3339.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number GEAP-3610.
General ElectricMarine Turbine & Gear Engineer, 1100 Western Ave
Lynn, MA USA 01910
- Rally, F C
- Publication Date: 1960-12-1
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear fuels; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor cores; Structural analysis
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026221
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: GEAP-3610
- Contract Numbers: AT(04-3)-189
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM