NS SAVANNAH CAPSIZE LATCH TESTS
Test procedures used in determining the adequacy of the capsize latch pawl design on the N.S. Savannah control rod drive mechanism are outlined and the results reported. Procedures and results are detailed for pawl ratcheting tests, latching tests, pawl hold tests, and pawl strength tests. Photographs are included at the end of the report to offer pictorial evidence of the results described which indicate that the pawl functions properly as intended and fulfills all of the requirements imposed upon it. The illustrations also show the test set up as well as other points of interest. They illustrate the pawl assembly components, assembly in the rotor tube, set up for inverted lock-in pawl tests, pawl before and after ratchet tests, leadscrew use, segment arm, and pawl tooth after test completion.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number B-W-219.
Borg-Warner CorporationMarvel-Schebler Products Division
Decatur, IL United States
- Wolf, R
- Publication Date: 1960-4-22
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor control systems; Nuclear reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026216
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 219
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-1)-2478
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 26 1974 12:00AM