STUDIES IN RAILROAD OPERATIONS AND ECONOMICS. VOLUME 6. SOME ANALYSES OF RAILROAD DATA
The report presents data from several railroads on yard, link, and total origin-to-destination performance. Topics analyzed include train arrivals as functions of train length and the day of the week, line haul times, departure times, receiving yard delays, total yard times, missed connections, and trip time standard deviations. Such data analysis is necessary to insure a realistic choice of parameter values and modelling concepts in conjunction with the simulation models discussed in Volume 5, Models for Investigating Rail Trip Time Reliability. The data and results given in this report can also be helpful to future work on railroad reliability.
- See also Volume 5, PB-244 122, and Volume 7, PB-244 124.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyTransportation Systems Division
Cambridge, MA United States 02139
Washington, DC United States 20590
- FOLK, J F
- Publication Date: 1972-6
- Pagination: 78 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic factors; Freight cars; Freight forwarders; Freight terminals; Freight traffic; Freight trains; Freight transportation; Intermodal terminals; Mathematical models; Railroad terminals; Railroad traffic; Railroad transportation; Railroads; Reliability; Scheduling; Simulation; Statistical analysis; Traffic delays; Train operations; Yard operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Freight forwarding; Operating strategies; Train performance
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00092231
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MIT-R72-41 Final Rpt., FRA/RPD-75/1.5
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-10006
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1976 12:00AM