NORTHEAST CORRIDOR HIGH SPEED RAIL PASSENGER SERVICE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT. TASK 6. RISK ANALYSIS OF JOINT PASSENGER/FREIGHT OPERATIONS
The objective of Task 6 was the assessment of the risk associated with the operation of a Northeast Corridor passenger system in the proximity of through and local freight. The report identifies two major categories of passenger/freight interaction and contains analyses of these factors as they apply to the various operational scenarios under consideration for the 1990 High Speed Rail Plan.
- Prepared in cooperation with Battelle-Columbus Labs., Ohio. See also PB-243 419.
Bechtel CorporationSan Francisco, CA USA
Washington, DC USA 20590
Battelle Columbus Laboratories505 King Avenue
Columbus, OH USA 43201
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 99 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash risk forecasting; Estimates; Freight service; Freight trains; Freight transportation; Hazard analysis; Hazards; High speed rail; Passenger trains; Passenger transportation; Railroad transportation; Rapid transit; Risk analysis; Risk assessment; Safety; Transportation planning
- Geographic Terms: Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00092221
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., FRA/ONECD-75/6
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-40027
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1976 12:00AM