STATE-OF-THE-ART CAR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM FINAL TEST REPORT. VOLUME 3. ACCEPTANCE TESTING
The Urban Rapid Rail Vehicle and Systems Program is an integrated development program directed toward improving high speed, frequent-stop urban rail systems. The objective of the State-of-the-Art Car (SOAC) is to demonstrate the best state-of-the-art in rapid rail car design, with two improved cars using existing proven technology. Primary goals for the cars are passenger convenience and operating efficiency. This document, Volume 3 of the SOAC Final Test Report, presents the test results for the vehicle acceptance testing of two state-of-the-art transit cars. Performance, ride quality, noise and electromagnetic interference (EMI) acceptance tests were conducted. Chapters contain a summary of test results, configuration, test equipment and instrumentation, and test procedures.
- See also Volume 2, PB-244 049, and Volume 3, PB-244 051. Paper copy also available in set of 5 reports as PB-244 047-SET, PC$26.00.
Boeing Vertol CompanySurface Transportation Systems Department, P.O. Box 16858
Philadelphia, PA USA 19142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Brown, P
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Pagination: 284 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Documents; Electromagnetic interference; Light rail vehicles; Noise; Passenger cars; Passenger comfort; Passenger transportation; Performance; Performance tests; Quality assurance; Railroad cars; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Research; Ride quality; Sound level; Tests; Transportation planning; Urban transportation; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: State of the Art Car (Rapid transit car)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger car design; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Environment; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00092218
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: D174-10024-3 Final Rpt., UMTA-IT-06-0026-74-4
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-10007
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1981 12:00AM