STATE-OF-THE-ART CAR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM FINAL TEST REPORT. VOLUME 2. SUBSYSTEM FUNCTIONAL TESTING
The Urban Rapid Rail Vehicle and Systems Program is an integrated development program directed toward improving high speed, frequent-stop urban rail systems. The objective of the State-of-the-Art Car (SOAC) is to demonstrate the best state-of-the-art in rapid rail car design, with two improved cars using existing technology. Primary goals for the cars are passenger convenience and operating efficiency. This document, Volume 2 of the SOAC Final Test Report, presents the test results for the subsystem functional testing of state-of-the-art transit cars. The purpose of these tests was to show compliance with the SOAC Detail Specification (NTIS no. PB-222 147). After adjustments and changes where required, all subsystems met the requirements of the detail specification. Chapters of the report present instrumentation, test procedures and results, and conclusions. Items discussed in the chapter on test procedures and results are car body, lighting, wiring, equipment, main propulsion control and motor rotation, braking, propulsion auxiliaries, car weight, pantograph, air compressor, hostling panel, and visual.
- See also Volume 1, PB-244 048, and Volume 3, PB-244 050. Paper copy also available in set of 5 reports as PB-244 047-SET, PC$26.00.
Boeing Vertol CompanySurface Transportation Systems Department, P.O. Box 16858
Philadelphia, PA United States 19142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Dunton, W
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 143 p.
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Brakes; Control devices; Development; Documents; Engines; Environmental engineering; Heating, cooling and ventilation equipment; Light rail vehicles; Lighting; Lighting systems; Motors; Passenger cars; Passenger comfort; Passenger transportation; Performance tests; Propulsion; Railroad cars; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Research; Systems engineering; Tests; Transportation; Urban transportation; Vehicle design; Vehicle power plants
- Identifier Terms: State of the Art Car (Rapid transit car)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems; Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Braking systems; Passenger car design; Rapid transit railways; Transportation lighting
- Subject Areas: Research; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00092217
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: D174-10024-2 Final Rpt., UMTA-IT-06-0025-74-3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-10007
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1981 12:00AM