PRESSURE DROP CALCULATION FOR A COMPLEX GEOMETRIC FLOW RESTRICTION OF A SINGLE PHASE FLUID
A detailed presentation is made of a new method of calculating pressure drop through complex geometric restrictions. On a basis of energy loss per pound of fluid, equations are derived for pressure loss. The division of the total flow into multiple streams and a summation of energy loss in each stream in order to obtain the total pressure loss is utilized by the models.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number GEAP-3195.
General ElectricMarine Turbine & Gear Engineer, 1100 Western Ave
Lynn, MA USA 01910
- Polomik, E E
- Publication Date: 1959-6-19
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Atmospheric pressure; Design; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor design; Pressure fluctuations
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026205
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: GEAP-3195
- Contract Numbers: AT(04-3)-189
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 4 1973 12:00AM