AUTO ELECTRONICS: A SEMICONDUCTOR SUPPLIER'S VIEWPOINT
This paper reviews the steps taken by the semiconductor industry to be responsive to the requirements of the automotive industry, with special emphasis on one recently developed and highly cost-effective method to control and improve device reliability. Two new product innovations, one combining MOS and bipolar technology to produce a high performance and versatile operational amplifier integrated circuit, and the other an inherently more reliable process for IC manufacture involving a hermetic silicon die and a corrosion resistant lead connection system are also described, particularly as they relate to automotive applications. /GMRL/
- From Automotive Electronics II, pp43-48, 1975.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Cohen, R M
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile industry; Automotive engineering; Corrosion resistance; Cost effectiveness; Electronics; Semiconductors
- Old TRIS Terms: Bipolar
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00127191
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #750202
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 14 1976 12:00AM