EVALUATION OF DIGITAL ALTIMETER SETTING INDICATORS
Altimeter setting values disseminated to the pilot are currently obtained from nonelectronic (aneroid) dial and pointer indicators. Electronic systems with potential for continuous sensing of ambient atmospheric pressure and subsequent conversion to altimeter setting values and remoting to multiple digital displays were tested for warmup, accuracy, temperature, line voltage, and stability. Data on the results obtained and the test procedures are presented.
NATIONAL AVIATION FACILITIES EXPERIMENTAL CENTERATLANTIC CITY, NJ USA
- Frack, R
- Schlatter, E E
- Bernstein, J
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 55 p.
- TRT Terms: Accuracy; Air pressure; Alternatives analysis; Altimeters; Barometers; Detectors; Electronic equipment; Feasibility analysis; Information display systems; Stability (Mechanics); Temperature; Test procedures; Voltage
- Subject Areas: Materials; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00092196
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-NA-74-46 Final Rpt., FAA-RD-75-81
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1976 12:00AM