PROJECT SUPER BUS: SPECIFICATION FOR AN ARTICULATED TRANSIT BUS
The report is a specification providing a prospective manufacturer with guidelines to develop an articulated bus specifically suited to transit service in the U.S. It specifies the basic physical dimensions, passenger accommodations, and propulsion for a series-built multipassenger public service vehicle designed primarily for urban service but with adaptability to arterial and truck line service.The nominal design capacity is for a vehicle having a single operator and a capacity for 70 or more seated passengers, with state-of-the-art propulsion and human factors design. The specifications meet all applicable U.S. Federal, state, and local safety and performance standards. Chapters discuss vehicle structure, furnishings, driver's station and controls, energy conversion, suspension and guidance (steering), and heating, ventilating, and air conditioning. Appendices contain definitions and abbreviations.
- Paper copy also available in set of 2 reports as PB-243 691-SET, PC$11.00.
Booz-Allen Applied Research, Incorporated4733 Bethesda Avenue
Bethesda, MD United States 20014
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
National Transportation Center945 Union Trust Building
Pittsburgh, PA United States 15219
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 87 p.
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Automotive engineering; Construction; Design; Design standards; Doors; Human factors; Human factors engineering; Manuals; Propulsion; Public transit; Safety; Seats; Specifications; Standards; Transit buses; Urban transportation; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Articulated vehicles; Capacity; Design criteria; Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Motor vehicle engines; Windows
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00092157
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., UMTA-PA-06-0007-74-1
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1981 12:00AM