NORTHEAST CORRIDOR HIGH SPEED RAIL PASSENGER SERVICE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT. TASK 10S. GRADE CROSSINGS AND FENCING, WASHINGTON, D.C. TO NEW HAVEN
The report identifies the status of the current program for the elimination, separation, or other complete protection of all grade crossings along the Northeast Corridor (NEC) from Washington, D.C. to New Haven, Connecticut, and develops an overall plan for the completion of fencing of the railroad right-of-way. The plan includes fencing of overpasses and provides cost and schedule information. State grade crossings separation programs were evaluated with respect to the state's projected construction schedules to determine the impact on the overall NEC project. The benefits resulting from grade separation include both safety benefits and non-safety benefits. Typical guide specification for standard chain link fence was developed for immediate and future requirements and is included as an appendix.
- See also PB-242 445, and PB-243 419.
Bechtel Corporation15740 Shady Grove Road
Gaithersburg, MD United States 20760
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Miller, C G
- Picco, J J
- Arnlund, R
- McInnis, M
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 134 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost estimating; Design standards; Estimates; Fences; Grade crossing protection systems; High speed rail; Highways; Intersections; Materials; Overpasses; Passenger transportation; Railroad grade crossings; Rapid transit; Safety; Safety engineering; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation problems
- Geographic Terms: Connecticut; Delaware; Maryland; Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Grade crossing protection; Grade crossing separations; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Materials; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00092148
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., FRA/ONECD-75-10S
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-40027
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1976 12:00AM