NORTHEAST CORRIDOR HIGH SPEED RAIL PASSENGER SERVICE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT. TASK 1. DEMAND ANALYSIS
Engineering, technical and financial studies have been performed: (a) to assist the Federal Railroad Administration in the development of detailed improvement plans, and (b) to provide inputs to the United States Railway Association for the development of the preliminary and final plans. As a basis for developing detailed improvement plans, performing operational simulations, selecting and sizing physical facilities, and estimating costs, estimates are required for future service needs covering all types of rail traffic in the Northeast Corridor, i.e., passenger services-CorridorRail, suburban and inter-corridor; and freight services-intra-corridor, inter-corridor and local. The findings and estimates derived from the demand analysis are given in this report for 1990 high and low potential demand levels.
- See also PB-242 444, and PB-243 420.
Bechtel CorporationSan Francisco, CA USA
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Gillespie, C W
- Sultan, S
- Fondak, G
- White, D
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 124 p.
- TRT Terms: Commuter service; Cost estimating; Estimates; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; High speed rail; Level of service; Passenger transportation; Passengers; Rail transit stations; Railroad traffic; Railroad transportation; Rapid transit; Routes; Traffic density; Traffic forecasting; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Travel patterns
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services; Traffic patterns; Transportation management; Transportation routes
- Geographic Terms: Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00092147
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., FRA/ONECD-75-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-40027
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1976 12:00AM