LORAN A GROUNDWAVE PULSE PROPAGATION
The Loran A groundwave radio navigation pulse is analyzed with a computer simulation of the general pulse propagation theory for linear amplitude systems. The natural perturbations of the propagation medium are introduced into the computer simulation and the limitations imposed by nature on the navigation system are estimated quantitatively. The propagation corrections for the radio navigator's equation are formulated so that the ultimate accuracy of the system (using arithmetical propagation corrections) can be estimated.
- Sponsored in part by Coast Guard, Washington, D.C. Paper copy also available from GPO. Previously announced as N71-37040.
Institute for Telecommunication ScienceOffice of Telecommunications, 325 Broadway
Boulder, CO United States 80302
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20593
- Johler, J R
- Publication Date: 1971-3
- Pagination: 78 p.
- TRT Terms: Electromagnetic wave propagation; Loran; Simulation; Wave motion
- Old TRIS Terms: Ground waves
- Accession Number: 00092139
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: OT/ITSRR-10 Res. Rpt.
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1976 12:00AM