NEED FOR A STUDY OF THE WARTIME USE OF THE US MERCHANT MARINE
The feasibility and effectiveness of using the U.S. Merchant Marine in various possible war situations are discussed. Reasons for studying this matter are set forth; names of persons and groups involved in considering various aspects of the problem are given; and material pertinent to such a study is outlined. It is concluded that a full-scale review of present and future requirements for wartime use should be made so that maritime research, planning, and preparation oriented to fit those needs can proceed. Mechanisms are proposed for carrying out the study.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number N-3-ST.
National Academy of Sciences-Natl Research CouncilMaritime Research Advisory Committee
Washington, DC United States 20418
- Keating, R B
- Bascom, W
- Publication Date: 1959-3
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Systems analysis; Transportation planning; Transportation policy
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00026192
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 13 1973 12:00AM