RISK ASSESSMENT METHOD FOR VOLATILE TOXIC AND FLAMMABLE MATERIALS
The subject of this paper is a method of assessing the risk associated with toxic or flammable vapor plumes created by accidential leaks or spills from mobile transporters. Here, risk means the possibility of undesirable consequences occurring to the general population. The entire spectrum of consequences, ranging from the smallest to the largest together with the likelihood of occurrence of each level of consequence, make up the valuation of risk.
- The Proceedings consisting of about 45 papers (about 570 pages) will be available in a bound volume from NTIS about mid-February 1976. Papers from the Fourth International Symposium on Transport of Hazardous Cargoes by Sea & Inland Waterways, Jacksonville, Florida, October 1975.
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20593
- Simmons, J A
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Explosions; Health hazards; Liquefied natural gas; Risk analysis; Safety; Spills (Pollution); Toxicity
- Old TRIS Terms: Lng explosions; Lng safety; Lng spills
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00127084
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Coast Guard
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM