MARITIME TRANSPORTATION OF UNITIZED CARGO
A comparative economic analysis of conventional break-bulk versus container and pallet systems in the sea transportation of general cargo. The comparisons are based upon ships of several sizes and speeds and upon various percentages of cargo unitized, and include only those expenses which accrue to the ship operator in the movement of cargo from pier to pier. The study provides a method of analysis and develops results applicable to general situations. It is intended to aid the shipping company in determining the probable economic effects of unitization.
National Academy of SciencesMaritime Cargo Transportation Conference
Washington, DC United States 20418
- Publication Date: 1959
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 102 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Containerization; Containerships; Economic analysis; Freight transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo management; Economic analysis (Containerized cargo)
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026187
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: NAS
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1974 12:00AM