CHARACTERIZATION OF A VHF AIR-GROUND CHANNEL
The report describes a particular radio channel of the type proposed for use by the VHF Digital Data Link system. It is air-ground, has a narrow bandwidth, and uses frequencies near 120 MHz. Among the topics discussed are general signal levels, short-term and long-term variability, noise, multipath spread, and Dopler shifts. A bibliography is included which stresses the available data for this and similar channels.
- Paper copy also available from GPO.
Institute for Telecommunication ScienceOffice of Telecommunications, 325 Broadway
Boulder, CO USA 80302
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
- Hufford, G A
- Longley, A G
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Data communications; Digital computers; Radio; Radio frequency interference; Radio links; Transmission; Transmission loss; Very high frequency
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data links; Digital techniques
- Old TRIS Terms: Fading; Radio transmission
- Accession Number: 00092084
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: OTR-74-47
- Contract Numbers: DOT/TSC-RA-74-10,, DOT/TSC-RA-74-32
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1976 12:00AM