TODAY'S NAVY-ECHOES OF PAST- SOUNDS OF THE FUTURE
A brief survey of service encountered structural deficiencies; their cause and resolution are discussed. Application of technology improvements resulting from Ship Structure Committee, Industry, and Government sponsored research is briefly traced. In particular, Navy experience in load criteria, design methods, material application, fabrication and education are discussed in relation to fleet support and new designs.
- Presented at the Ship Structure Symposium, Washington, D.C., October 6-8, 1975.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- O'BRIEN, J B
- Palermo, P M
- Wilkins, J R
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Aluminum alloys; Bending moments; Buckling; Hulls; Structural analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull bending moments; Hull structural analysis
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00127067
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper B
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM