THE USE OF DYNAMIC SEARCH AREAS IN THE NATIONAL AIRSPACE SYSTEM ENROUTE COMPUTER PROGRAM
The use of 'online computed' search areas in the National Airspace System (NAS) enroute tracking algorithm is investigated in this report. The search areas currently used in the enroute model 3d2 computer program are of fixed values, and cannot provide turn detection precise enough to make use of the track-oriented smoothing feature of the NAS bimodal tracker. The results indicate that the dynamic search areas provide superior performance to the method currently specified.
NATIONAL AVIATION FACILITIES EXPERIMENTAL CENTERATLANTIC CITY, NJ United States
- Mullin, F R
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Computer programming; Radar tracking; Search radar; Simulation
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology;
- Accession Number: 00092077
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-NA-75-152 Final Rpt., FAA-RD-75-77
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1976 12:00AM