NATIONWIDE PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION STUDY. REPORT NO. 10, PURPOSES OF AUTOMOBILE TRIPS AND TRAVEL
The report presents data on automobile trips (one-way) and vehicle-miles of travel and trip length according to the four major trip purposes for which the trip was made: earning a living, family business, educational, civic and religious, and social and recreational. The first part of the report discusses trip purpose as related to population size-groups in incorporated places and unincorporated areas, as well as Standard Metropolitan Statistical Areas (SMAS's); trip length, age of driver, occupation, household income, hour of the day trip started, season of the year and the number of occupants per trip. The second part of the report examines the relationship of the number of cars owned per household to the distribution of automobile trips and vehicle-miles of travel by trip purpose and trip length. In addition, daily and annual tripmaking rates are included.
- Paper copy also available in set of 11 reports as PB-242 884-SET, PC$33.00.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Asin, R H
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile ownership; Automobile travel; Automobiles; Census; Drivers; Employment; Highway traffic; Human characteristics; Metropolitan areas; Ownership; Passenger transportation; Population; Recreation; Socioeconomic factors; Statistics; Travel behavior; Travel patterns; Trip generation; Trip length; Trip purpose; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Driver characteristics; Occupancy
- Old TRIS Terms: Standard metropolitan statistical area; Travel habits; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00092048
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1976 12:00AM