NATIONWIDE PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION STUDY. REPORT NO. 9, MODE OF TRANSPORTATION AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS OF TRIPMAKERS
The report presents personal characteristics of all individuals 5 years old and over who reported making a one-way trip by a motorized vehicle, including automobile (driver and passenger separately), motorcycle, truck, schoolbus, taxicab, bus, subway, train, and airplane. The percent distributions of these trips by mode are related to age, sex, race, and place of residence in unincorporated areas and incorporated places.
- Paper copy also available in set of 11 reports as PB-242 884-SET, PC$33.00.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Randill, A
- Greenhalgh, H
- Samson, E
- Publication Date: 1973-11
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Age; Aircraft; Buses; Census; Demographics; Gender; Highway traffic; Households; Human factors; Intercity travel; Metropolitan areas; Modal split; Passenger transportation; Passengers; Race; Railroads; Rapid transit; Road marking materials; Socioeconomic factors; Statistics; Subways; Transportation planning; Travel behavior; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Standard metropolitan statistical area; Subway railways; Traffic marking materials; Travel habits; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00092047
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1981 12:00AM