NATIONWIDE PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION STUDY. REPORT NO. 8, HOME-TO-WORK TRIPS AND TRAVEL
The report discusses characteristics of home-to-work travel by various modes of transportation and by population size-group of the workers' place of residence. The first part of the report presents characteristics of the worker by place of residence and place of employment, and the characteristics of travel such as distance, time, daily home-to-work trips, miles of travel and trip lengths by mode and by place of residence. The second part of the report discusses the modes of transportation used by workers and how income, occupation and age of workers affect choice of transportation mode. The third part of the report stresses the role of the automobile, as the predominant mode of home-to-work travel.
- Paper copy also available in set of 11 reports as PB-242 884-SET, PC$33.00.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Asin, R H
- Svercl, P V
- Publication Date: 1973-8
- Pagination: 107 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile travel; Automobiles; Census; Demographics; Employment; Highway traffic; Metropolitan areas; Modal split; Mode S; Ownership; Passenger transportation; Population; Socioeconomic factors; Statistics; Travel behavior; Travel patterns; Travel time; Trip length; Urban areas; Work trips
- Old TRIS Terms: Standard metropolitan statistical area; Travel habits; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00092046
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1976 12:00AM