NATIONWIDE PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION STUDY. REPORT NO. 5, AVAILABILITY OF PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AND SHOPPING CHARACTERISTICS OF SMSA HOUSEHOLDS
The report presents data on the availability of public transportation to the main business district of the central city for households located in Standard Metropolitan Statistical Areas (SMSA's) and information on shopping characteristics of SMSA residents. The first part of the report relates size of SMSA and household income by race of household head and by nearness of households to public transportation to the main business district of the central city. The second part discusses the frequency with which the heads of SMSA households shop in the main business district of the central city, including reasons for not shopping downtown.
- Paper copy also available in set of 11 reports as PB-242 884-SET, PC$33.00.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Hatley, R M
- Publication Date: 1972-7
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Census; Central business districts; Highway traffic; Households; Income; Metropolitan areas; Passenger transportation; Public transit; Race; Shopping centers; Size; Statistics; Supply; Travel behavior; Travel patterns; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Availability
- Old TRIS Terms: Central city; Standard metropolitan statistical area; Travel habits; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00092043
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1976 12:00AM