NATIONWIDE PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION STUDY. REPORT NO. 4, TRANSPORTATION CHARACTERISTICS OF SCHOOL CHILDREN
The report presents data on travel patterns to school of students between 5 and 18 years of age in kindergarten through grade 12. For each grade level, home-to-school travel by various modes of transportation including school bus, public transportation, automobile, and bicycle as well as walking is analyzed in terms of distance to school (miles) and time from home-to-school (minutes).
- Paper copy also available in set of 11 reports as PB-242 884-SET, PC$33.00.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Beschen, DAJ
- Publication Date: 1972-7
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Bicycles; Buses; Census; Children; Highway traffic; Metropolitan areas; Mode S; Passenger transportation; Pedestrians; School children; Schools; Statistics; Students; Travel behavior; Travel patterns; Travel time; Trip length; Urban areas
- Old TRIS Terms: Standard metropolitan statistical area; Travel habits; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Education and Training; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00092042
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1976 12:00AM