TEST AND EVALUATION OF AN EDDY CURRENT CLUTCH/BRAKE PROPULSION SYSTEM
This report covers the Phase II effort of a program to develop and test a 15 hp eddy-current clutch propulsion system. Included in the Phase 2 effort are the test and evaluation of the eddy-current clutch propulsion system on board a test vehicle. The test vehicle was designed and built to be compatible with an existing monorail track and was instrumented for the duration of the test program.
- See also report on Phase 1 dated Oct 73, PB-225 093/4.
Mobility Systems and Equipment Company6151 West Century Boulevard, Suite 912
Los Angeles, CA United States 90045
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Adams, G J
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 98 p.
- TRT Terms: Brakes; Clutches; Eddy current brakes; Eddy currents; Electric drives; Electric power; Electrical systems; Evaluation; Information processing; Intelligent transportation systems; Monorail transportation; Propulsion; Rapid transit; Speed control; Testing; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Braking systems; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00092034
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Phase 1 Final Rpt., DOT-TSC-UMTA-74-14
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-357
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1982 12:00AM