LUBRICATION RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE N.S. SAVANNAH
This brochure presents preliminary recommendations for lubrication of the N.S. Savannah. Texaco's facilities for conducting radiation studies are described followed by a discussion of the results of radiation tests conducted on those lubricants which will be exposed to radiation. Finally, lubrication recommendations for the ship and a brief description of the products are presented. Included is a schematic drawing of a high level radiation area.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number T-4-L.
Texaco Incorporated135 East 42nd Street
New York, NY United States 10017
New York Shipbuilding CorporationYorktown, VA United States
- Publication Date: 1959-6-29
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Lubrication; Nuclear powered ships; Radiation hazards; Research
- Old TRIS Terms: Radiation effects
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00026177
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: MA-1675
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM