STUDY OF SERVICE TIMES AND DELAYS FOR AIRPORT PARKING GARAGE
This report describes the operations and activities involved in servicing vehicles as the San Francisco Airport parking garage, San Francisco, California. The data for the report was obtained by observing vehicles being processed through a lane at the exit. Observations during the data collection phase of this study and analysis of the data indicate that delays, efficiency of a cashier, volume of vehicles and payment of fees were important parameters that influence the service time. Parameters that influence delay consisted of payment of fee by credit cards, payment of fee by check, lost tickets and inquiry of directions.
University of California, BerkeleyInstitute of Transportation Studies Library
Berkeley, CA United States 94720
- Briscoe, V
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Data analysis; Data collection; Fees; Landside capacity; Mathematical analysis; Parking garages; Payment; Service time; Traffic delays; Traffic volume; Vehicles
- Identifier Terms: San Francisco International Airport
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00127047
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: MS Thesis
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 14 1976 12:00AM