NUMERICAL ANALYSIS OF EMBANKMENTS OVER SOFT SOILS
A computer program, SSOILS, for analyzing displacements of embankments over soft soils is presented. Background development research and experimentation is discussed in the early chapters of the study. The final chapter (7) of the study is essentially self contained and is written for the user who must rely on standard soil tests to obtain input data for the computer program. Immediate (or initial) displacement, and time dependent displacement of settlement due to 2-D consolidation and creep can be accounted for by the program; however, users must become familiar with the program and interpretation of soil test data (for input data) in order to make good use of the program as an aid to the engineering analysis of embankment behavior over soft soils.
- Prepared in cooperation with Louisiana Dept. of Highways, Baton Rouge.
Louisiana State University, Baton RougeDivision of Engineering Research
Baton Rouge, LA USA 70803
Washington, DC USA 20590
Louisiana Department of HighwaysP.O. Box 44245, Capitol Station
Baton Rouge, LA USA 70804
- Thoms, R L
- Pecquet, R A
- Arman, A
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 212 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Consolidations; Creep; Dislocation (Geology); Embankments; Finite element method; Ground settlement; Numerical analysis; Settlement (Structures); Soft rock; Soil compaction; Soil mechanics; Soils by consistency; Unstable soil
- Geographic Terms: Louisiana
- Old TRIS Terms: Creep rate; Soil compacting; Soil creep
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00092027
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bull-112 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1976 12:00AM