A SHIPBOARD TERMINAL FOR THE MARISAT SYSTEM
This paper briefly describes the MARISAT Satellite Communications system and covers details of a shipboard terminal which is now being produced. Particular attention is given to ship terminal antenna stabilization problems and their solution. Installation problems are dealt with including a description of a typical installation. Calibrating and operating procedures are described and finally the economies of the new system from the shipowner's standpoint are discussed.
- Symposium Papers, RTCM St. Louis Assembly Meeting, April 28-30, 1975, with the participation of Water Resources Congress, Volume 3, Ship Collision Avoidance Techniques and Maritime Satellite Communication Systems.
Radio Technical Commission for Marine ServicesP.O. Box 19087
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Kelly, T J
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Antennas; Artificial satellites; Satellite communication
- Old TRIS Terms: Antenna systems; Satellite systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00127038
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM