A SHIPBOARD TERMINAL FOR THE MARISAT SYSTEM
This paper briefly describes the MARISAT Satellite Communications system and covers details of a shipboard terminal which is now being produced. Particular attention is given to ship terminal antenna stabilization problems and their solution. Installation problems are dealt with including a description of a typical installation. Calibrating and operating procedures are described and finally the economies of the new system from the shipowner's standpoint are discussed.
- Symposium Papers, RTCM St. Louis Assembly Meeting, April 28-30, 1975, with the participation of Water Resources Congress, Volume 3, Ship Collision Avoidance Techniques and Maritime Satellite Communication Systems.
Radio Technical Commission for Marine ServicesP.O. Box 19087
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Kelly, T J
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Antennas; Artificial satellites; Satellite communication
- Old TRIS Terms: Antenna systems; Satellite systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00127038
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM