REQUIREMENTS FOR AN AIR-GROUND VHF DATA LINK FOR AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL APPLICATIONS
Requirements for a digital data-link to operate in the VHF aeronautical mobile band (108-136 MHz) are defined. Requirements are based on the needs of the Air Traffic Control system (ATC) through 1982. The system described is based on the Universal Data Link specified by the Radio Technical Commission on Aeronautics and on the standard prepared by ARINC. Requirements are based on air traffic forecasts, ATC plans, coverage needs, and capacity estimates based on allowable errors and waiting times.
- Paper copy also available from GPO.
Institute for Telecommunication ScienceOffice of Telecommunications, 325 Broadway
Boulder, CO United States 80302
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- MURRAY, J P
- Juroshek, J J
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 107 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Data communications; Digital computers; Pulse modulation; Radio relay systems; Speech; Telecommunications; Very high frequency; Voice communication
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data links
- Old TRIS Terms: Digital systems; Pulse communication
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00092022
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: OTR-74-44 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT/TSC-RA-74-10, DOT/TSC-RA-74-32
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1976 12:00AM