This report provides a discussion of the design of the DABS network management function. Network management is responsible for the interaction between the local sensor and the adjacent connected sensors. Based on a dynamic interpretation of the coverage map and the status of the network, network management determines (a) the coverage responsibility of the local sensor, (b) which other sensors are covering the same area, and (c) which of the sensors has principal data link responsibility. Interaction is effected through message exchange over ground communication links connecting the DABS sensors.
Lincoln LaboratoryMassachusetts Institute of Technology
Lexington, MA USA 02173
- VANDEVENNE, H F
- Publication Date: 1975-5-16
- Pagination: 103 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Communication systems; Decision making; Management; Messages (Communications); Radar beacons; Transponders
- Old TRIS Terms: Message processing
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00092021
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ATC-45 Proj. Rpt., FAA-RD-75-8
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA72WAI-261
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1976 12:00AM