EVALUATING SIMPLE COLLISION AVOIDANCE SYSTEM - AN APPROACH TO THE PROBLEM
A committee called on to evaluate competing devices finds itself in a delicate position when it includes among its active members the manufacturers of these devices. Special Committee-65 went about solving this problem by comparing the devices (and the systems they embodied) with the man they were supposed to help rather than with each other. In this way they developed individual profiles for each of the systems involved that protrayed at a glance in just which respects the machine's functioning substituted for the man's. Where still finer distinctions were required, a method was indicated for arriving at them.
- Symposium Papers, RTCM ST. Louis Assembly Meeting, April 28-30, 1975, with the participation of Water Resources Congress, Volume 3, Ship Collision Avoidance Techniques and Maritime Satellite Communication Systems.
Radio Technical Commission for Marine ServicesP.O. Box 19087
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Hurwitz, I
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash avoidance systems; Radar
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00127036
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM