AN INTEGRATED VHF COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM FOR U.S. INLAND WATERS
Describes an integrated VHF communications system responsive to the needs of the waterways industry as feasible both practically and economically. The preferred leased-line design is based on proven technology and in capable of providing greatly improved service to the industry while minimizing capital investment. The proposed system offers a new class of marine radio service with direct-dial capability. The system will provide a dramatic improvement in industry communications through automation and network switching. As designed, it can be expanded to accommodate office-to-office telephone traffic. A pilot program is recommended as the first phase of implementation to limit initial capital investment while demonstrating the feasibility of the system and encouraging industry participation.
- Symposium Papers, RTCM St. Louis Assembly Meeting, April 28-30, 1975, with the participation of Water Resources Congress. Volume I - Marine Radio Telephony.
Radio Technical Commission for Marine ServicesP.O. Box 19087
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Feigleson, H A
- Kolb, W M
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication; Communication systems; Inland waterways; Inland waterways traffic; Marine transit; Shipyards
- Old TRIS Terms: Inland waterways communications; River communications; Shipyard communication systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00127029
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1978 12:00AM