COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT NOISE DEFINITION - L1011 TRISTAR. VOLUME I
Calculation procedures to describe airplane noise during takeoff and approach have been programmed for batch operation on a large digital computer. Three routines are included. The first normalizes far-field noise spectra to reference conditions and then determines spectra at various distances from the airplane, for airport elevations between sea level and 6000 feet and ambient temperatures between 30F and 100F. Overall sound pressure levels, A-weighted noise levels, perceived noise levels, and effective perceived noise levels are calculated. The second routine uses aerodynamic and engine thrust data to produce takeoff and approach flight path description. The basic takeoff is at equivalent airspeed, with thrust reduction or acceleration option after gear-up. The approach is along any constant glide slope between 3 and 6 degrees at constant airspeed, with a two-segment option. The last routine combines noise propagation and flight path information to produce constant noise contour footprints. The program has been exercised on Lockheed L-1011-1 Tristar/Rolls-Royce RB.211-22 data, providing results in EPNdB and dBA.
- See also Volume 2, AD-A012 372.
Lockheed-California Company2555 North Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA USA 91505
Washington, DC USA 20591
- Shapiro, N
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 85 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic signature; Aerodynamic noise; Aircraft noise; Civil aircraft; Computer programming; Digital computers; Electromagnetic spectrum; Environment; Flight paths; Jet engines; Jet propelled aircraft; Jet transports; Landing; Noise; Sound attenuation; Sound level; Takeoff
- Identifier Terms: Lockheed L-1011 aircraft; Rolls-Royce plc
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise spectra
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft landing; Jet engine noise; Jet plane noise; Takeoff and landing
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00092011
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-EQ-73-6-Vol-1 Final Rpt., LR-26075-Vol-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA73WA-3300
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1976 12:00AM