WEBSEC-71-72, AN ECOLOGICAL SURVEY IN THE BEAUFORT SEA
The report contains a collection of scientific papers from two successive marine ecological baseline cruises to the Western Beaufort Sea (August-September, 1971 and 1972). Preliminary results of the physical, chemical, biological, and geological data are presented and interpreted. The results indicate that the data were collected in a marine ecosystem that is still in a relatively unpolluted state. The data should provide a base for assessing the affects of pollution from future development, especially from petroleum.
- An Oceanographic Report, Number 64.
United States Coast GuardOceanographic Unit
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Hufford, G L
- Fortier, S H
- Wolfe, D E
- Doster, J F
- NOBLE, D L
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 282 p.
- TRT Terms: Bathymetry; Chemical properties; Ecology; Geological oceanography; Grain size (Geology); Marine biology; Minerals; Nitrates; Ocean currents; Oceanographic vessels; Oceans; Oxygen; Petroleum products; Phosphates; Salinity; Sea ice; Sediments; Silicates; Surface temperature; Water pollution; Wind
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Ocean
- Old TRIS Terms: Bathythermograph data; Oceanographic data; Oceanographic ships
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00092009
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: USCG-373-64
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1976 12:00AM