CEILING-VISIBILITY CLIMATOLOGICAL STUDY AND SYSTEMS ENHANCEMENT FACTORS
The purpose of the report is to provide climatological information as an aid in making Facilities and Equipment (F and E) investment decisions. Ceiling and visibility data from 271 airports were examined over periods ranging from 5 to 15 years. The percent of time various categories (VFR, IFR, ILS, VOR) occurred is shown by month and by hour groups; 07-13, 14-21, and 22-06 LST. Although most of the tables are based on 24 weather observations a day, observing and digitizing practices restrict some to 8 or 14 observations.
- See also report dated Jun 73, AD-776 871.
National Climatic CenterAsheville, NC USA
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20591
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 155 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Aviation safety; Ceilings; Climate; Daily; Landing fields; Meteorological phenomena; Tables (Data); Visibility
- Old TRIS Terms: Meteorological data
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00092003
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA75WAI-547
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1976 12:00AM