SHIELDING OF A 27,300 SHP BOILING WATER REACTOR MARINE PROPULSION SYSTEM
This report summarizes the radiation and shielding analysis for a 30,000 SHP natural circulation boiling water reactor proposed for installation in a 60,000 DWT, 18 knot tanker of the T-7 class. Details are provided on primary shielding of reactor, equipment shielding and process and waste system shielding. Tabulation of dose rates are also provided.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number GEAP-3199.
General ElectricMarine Turbine & Gear Engineer, 1100 Western Ave
Lynn, MA USA 01910
- Craig, W D
- Publication Date: 1959-7-25
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor components; Nuclear reactors; Radiation shielding; Safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026170
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: GEAP-3199
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-189
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1974 12:00AM