PHYSICS OF COLLISIONS
Paper clears up some misconceptions on rail car structure and sets down the physical basis of collision analysis and car structure design.
Transit Development Corporation, Incorporated1730 M Street, NW, Suite 911
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Raskin, D
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Crashes; Crashworthiness; Design; Dissipation; Energy absorption; Kinetic energy; Mass; Passenger cars; Passengers; Railroad cars; Safety; Transportation safety; Vehicle design; Velocity
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Passenger safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Car design; Passenger car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00091886
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TDC/500-74/6 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 10 1976 12:00AM