EXAMINATION OF MINIMUM CLADDING THICKNESS IN CO-EXTRUDED TUBING
The examination was conducted to determine the acceptability of control rod nozzles which might contain a 1-16" minimum stainless cladding thickness at some point in the nozzle. It was concluded that co-extruded tubing, having a minimum of 1-16" inner stainless cladding, will perform in an acceptable manner similar to tubes having heavier stainless liners.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-R-491.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyBoiler Division
Barberton, OH United States
- Young, D E
- Publication Date: 1959-1-15
- Features: Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Nozzles; Nuclear reactor components; Nuclear reactors; Stresses
- Old TRIS Terms: Control rod mechanisms; Nozzle stress; Nuclear reactor design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026167
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: BAW-R-491
- Contract Numbers: 670-0006
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM