NUCLEAR SHIP COLLISIONS. APPENDIX TO A SPECIAL REPORT
Material is presented on various aspects of serious ship collisions particularly as it applies to the potential hazards of fission product dispersion. A discussion of the principal hazards and the anticipated effects of a collision on the N.S. Savannah is offered. Numerous photographs and sketches of collision damage illustrate the text.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number M-3-NSC.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
Atomic Energy CommissionWashington, DC United States 20235
- Publication Date: 1959-5
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 66 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear powered ships; Radiation hazards; Radiation shielding; Water transportation crashes
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00026166
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM