ANALYSIS OF A COMBINED ATTRACTION-MAGLEV-PROPULSION SYSTEM FOR A HIGH SPEED VEHICLE
This document presents the results of a study of a combined levitation-propulsion system for a high speed ground transportation vehicle incorporating a single-sided linear induction motor as the levitation-propulsion unit. The system is first synthesized in accordance with design constraints and subsequently examined in detail. Time responses and rms values of various parameters of interest are calculated. The conclusion of this preliminary investigation is that such a system is feasible and deserves further study.
- Sponsored by FRA.
Mitre CorporationWestgate Research Park
McLean, VA United States 22101
- MUHLENBERG, J D
- Nene, V D
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Intelligent transportation systems; Linear induction motors; Magnetic levitation; Research
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00126976
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-75-61
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-30015
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM