FIELD AND LABORATORY BRAKE STUDY ON THE M813, 5-TON CARGO TRUCK
The purpose of the work was to determine laboratory test parameters for baseline performance requirements on an inertia dynamometer for brake lining friction material for the M813, 5-ton truck. Operation field data were obtained and used in setting test parameters for a laboratory test. A laboratory test specification was developed for replacement brake linings for vehicles in the M809 series of trucks.
Army Tank-Automotive CommandWarren, MI United States 48090
- Hackenbruch, D J
- Comito, A
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Brake linings; Brakes; Braking; Braking performance; Field tests; Load factor; Loads; Performance tests; Specifications; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Truck brakes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00091863
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TACOM-TR-11953 Tech. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 10 1976 12:00AM