METRIC CONVERSION AND THE TRANSIT INDUSTRY
The mass transit industry will be affected by the transition to the metric system and must plan for it. The potential effects of metric conversion on the transit industry are discussed based on an assessment of the most probable course of action to be followed as an advocacy of metric conversion.
Transit Development Corporation, Incorporated1730 M Street, NW, Suite 911
Washington, DC United States 20036
- PHELPS, D R
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Commercial transportation; Design; Light rail transit; Measurement; Metric system; Public transit; Rapid transit; Systems of measurement; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Conversion; Design criteria; Transportation systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00091847
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TDC/500-74/5 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 10 1981 12:00AM