FEDERAL SURFACE VEHICLE NOISE RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT, AND DEMONSTRATION PROGRAMS: FY 73 - FY 75
The Interagency Surface Vehicle Noise Research Panel was established by the Environmental Protection Agency to aid EPA in fulfilling its responsibility for coordinating the Federal noise research activities. As its initial task, the Panel prepared this report summarizing the Federal government's surface vehicle noise research, development, and demonstration activities. The Federal agencies which sponsor and/or conduct the major portion of the surface vehicle noise RD&D are represented on the Panel. They are the Department of Transportation, the Department of Commerce/National Bureau of Standards, the Department of Defense, and the EPA/ Other agencies which sponsor surface vehicle noise research are the Department of Agriculture and the National Science Foundation. The report contains brief descriptions and fiscal data for the agencies' programs. Emphasis is on fiscal years 1973 through 1975. Also included are references and bibliographies of reports and publications which have resulted from the Federal surface vehicle RD&D activities.
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Research and Development
Cincinnati, OH United States 45268
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Budgeting; Comminution; Defense; Demonstration projects; Federal government; Noise control; Research; Sound level
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Federal budgets; Granulators
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00091846
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/600/2-75-002 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 19 1976 12:00AM