THE GUIDANCE MANUAL FOR LOADING GREAT LAKES BULK CARRIERS
This manual has been created for two closely related reasons. The first is to provide the ship operating personnel with the knowledge necessary to safely load the ship to withstand a certain amount of still water bending moment. When the ship personnel use the guidance manual they can be assured of safe still water bending moments. The second reason is to provide the operating personnel with the amount of cargo to load in each hatch for a desired draft. Knowing the amount of cargo before starting loading saves the loading master time whenever he loads to a different draft or at a different loading port.
- Paper presented to the Great Lakes and Great Rivers Section of SNAME January 23, 1975, Cleveland, Ohio.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Foss, B E
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Load transfer; Loading and unloading; Stowage
- Old TRIS Terms: Loading procedures; Stowage plans
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00126954
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM