THE PARACHUTE STOPPING - PRELIMINARY EXPERIMENTS
A parachute-type stopping intended for changing the course of mine ventilation air during mine emergencies has been designed and tested. Some production uses are also visualized for metal mines. Preliminary tests in the laboratory and underground indicate that the parachute stopping is a workable concept, but further developmental research is required.
Bureau of MinesPittsburg Mining and Safety Research Center
Pittsburgh, PA United States 15213
- Kissell, F N
- Thimons, E D
- Vinson, R P
- Publication Date: 1985-4
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Atmospheric circulation; Coal mines; Excavation and tunneling; Expansion; Fabrics; Field tests; Laboratory tests; Mines; Safety; Safety equipment; Seals (Devices); Securing and joining equipment; Tests; Tunnels; Ventilation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Mine ventilation
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00091838
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BuMines-TRR-90 Res. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 10 1976 12:00AM