Side launching broad beam ships presented a problem due to annual variations in river level which would have required substantial extension of the ways into the river. The paper describes the design of a floating drydock with a removable wing wall on one side that still allows vessels to be moved sideways and then off-loaded onto the floating drydock for final launching. Provides a general description and dimensions, equipment fitted, mooring system, and stability calculations.
- Paper presented to the Gulf Section of SNAME Sept. 5, 1975, Mobile, Alabama.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Bamba, M
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Calculation; Drydock operations; Drydocks; Floating docks; Launching; Ships; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Drydock design
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00126951
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM